cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC Reader for ST25DV04KC

Vinicardinali
Associate II

Hi,

I'm working with the ST25DV04KC tag (ISO15693 type 5) and I want to both read and write data to it.

I'm looking for a compatible NFC reader that can connect to the computer via USB port, using an USB-to-Serial converter. 

The use case would be to write an application in Python that can use this reader to read/write data to the above mentioned NFC tag in NDEF format.

Maybe someone can help me with the following questions:

1 - Can anyone recommend a NFC reader that can communicate with NFC type 5 tags?

2 - Can anyone recommend a Python library for communicating with NFC type 5 tags? I've found a library called nfcpy, but the documentation suggests that it only works with tags of type 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Vinicardinali,

STEVAL-ST25R3916B is supported by ST25R3916-DISCO GUI (STSW-ST25R010). This GUI contains also a DLL with some small projects (C#,C++,python) to perform basic NFC operations. It also contains the ST25PC-NFC which can read/write NDEF from ST25T/DV tags.  The ST25PC-NFC uses ST25 SDK which you can also check out.

Not 100% fit to what you are looking for but all functionality you want exists somehow.

BR, Ulysses

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Vinicardinali,

STEVAL-ST25R3916B is supported by ST25R3916-DISCO GUI (STSW-ST25R010). This GUI contains also a DLL with some small projects (C#,C++,python) to perform basic NFC operations. It also contains the ST25PC-NFC which can read/write NDEF from ST25T/DV tags.  The ST25PC-NFC uses ST25 SDK which you can also check out.

Not 100% fit to what you are looking for but all functionality you want exists somehow.

BR, Ulysses

Vinicardinali
Associate II

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I was doing some research and I ended up in the same board as you mentioned.

I think this evalboard is the best option for me now. I know also that some reader from FEIG can be used, but again, the DISCO board is more suitable for me.

Best regards,

Vinicius

Hi Ulysses,

Thanks! Can you tell me where I can find this DLL that you're talking about? I would like to take a look at the projects that you're mentioning (especially in Python). I am able to install the software.

I am trying to find a Python library that can work with the STEVAL-ST25R3916B board. I tried using nfcpy in Windows, but it doesn't seem to find it.

Thanks!

Hi,

as said the Python example (no library) comes with ST25R3916-DISCO GUI (STSW-ST25R010).

Ulysses