cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to read an NFC tag , T2T with a ST25R95 reader

CCarr.14
Associate III

I'm trying to read a T2T tag with NFC card reader, Nucleo expasion board attached to STM32F103 Nucleo board. I'm using an example from X-CubeExpansion_NFC3

This tag is well formatted with NDEF, but when I try to read with this example, I get an error in ndefPollerNdefDetect(). This funtion returns ERR_PROTO.

If I read this tag with any other application, I can read it content.

Can you help me with this problem. I'm sure, I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what is

Thank you in advance, looking forward to hearing from you

Carmen

12 REPLIES 12
CCarr.14
Associate III

Hello Ulysses,

I will take your advice into account and buy the NFC tags from the forum.

Thank you very much for your help

Best Regards

Carmen

CCarr.14
Associate III

Hello again,

My customer wants to use Mifare Ultralight, or Mifare Ultralight C. Are these tags compatible with the ST25R95 RFAL and NDEF libraries?

Thank you

Best regards

Carmen

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Carmen,

those 2 models can be configured as NFC Forum Type 2 tags. Once configured as NFC Forum Type 2 tags, they are compatible with the ST25R NDEF library. Make sure to check with the tag manufacturer for the proper tag configuration.

I would recommend to base your application on latest RFAL and NDEF from the ST25 Embedded NFC library that provides full support of the memory lock TLV and reserved area TLV that may be used with some NFC Forum Type 2 tags.

Please not that ST25TN tags are NFC Forum Type 2 tags and are ready to use.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.