cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm currently testing the Accelerometer sensor of the STEVAL-SMARTAG1 and found an issue with the RTC time keeping

LHa
Associate II

when I pull the log data to view the time event, there was a time skip then the RTC is no longer have accurate time for the remaining data, as showing below: from 2:36 it jump to 13:32, everything after 13:32 have wrong time, i'm not sure if what I explain make sense but if anyone do please advise how to fix this

0690X000006BsZlQAK.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Luca Pezzoni
ST Employee

​The SmarTag have not one external oscillator, so there is a sensible drift over time for RTC.

Anyway you know when you had started the log and at the end you will know the end time for the log.

So you could stretch the time according to it.

Anyway if you set the SmarTag to log every orientation change, for example, the SmarTag will log EVERY orientation change.

Same thing for WakeUp event or other values.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Luca Pezzoni
ST Employee

when the SmarTag is configurated for saving the Events over Thresholds and for monitoring the Events like orientation change and wake up, the SmarTag saves only the values over Thresholds or when these events happen.

So, if the SmarTag has not change the orientation (because it was placed in a Fixed Position on a table for example) from the 2:36 AM to 1:32 PM

This log is normal.

For having a complete picture, please send the configuration that you have used for SmarTag, please confirm if someone has moved or not the board from 2:36 AM and 1:32PM, and if's possible... share the log files.

Thanks a lot

Luca

LHa
Associate II

hi Luca, thank you for your respond. I intend to use this tag to track delivery of a freight unit in the event that the package get fall over or too much vibration happen I want to back track to when it taken place. So for that I want to make sure the RTC is recording accurate event timing, for example if at 3:17am the package fall over inside a trailer will this tag have a log of the event at 3:17am or will it have different record.

Luca Pezzoni
ST Employee

​The SmarTag have not one external oscillator, so there is a sensible drift over time for RTC.

Anyway you know when you had started the log and at the end you will know the end time for the log.

So you could stretch the time according to it.

Anyway if you set the SmarTag to log every orientation change, for example, the SmarTag will log EVERY orientation change.

Same thing for WakeUp event or other values.

LHa
Associate II

thank you for the info Luca