cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Read Out Protection on ST25 Tags

MaoFeng
Associate II

Good afternoon, currently I was working on this board, ST25R3916-DISCO kit.

From what I read from the forum that most of contents are teaching how to change the Read-Out Protection for the microcontroller chip, such as STM32H7, STM32F2, etc.
However, what I'm planning to do is to assign different ST25 tags with different Access level/ Read-Out Protection, so when the reader detects there's a tag, it will show a certain level of information for different tags.

For example,
when Tag 1 is detected, reader LCD will show UID and Type of tag.
When Tag 2 is detected, reader LCD will show UID, Type of tag and Memory Size.

Thus, are there any possible ways to achieve changing the the Read-Out Protection for ST25 tags?

Take note: I will attach a picture for the ST25_Tags which used for this experiment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

I guess you refer to data protection (readout protection is rather an MCU terminology). Data protection is described in the datasheet of each tag product you plan to use. It is usually configured through registers inside the tag. Such register can be read to retrieve the data protection configuration.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

I guess you refer to data protection (readout protection is rather an MCU terminology). Data protection is described in the datasheet of each tag product you plan to use. It is usually configured through registers inside the tag. Such register can be read to retrieve the data protection configuration.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.