cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about STEVAL-SMARTAG1?

Schuyler
Senior

I have learned that STEVAL-SMARTAG1 can power MCU through EH of ST25 to achieve wireless transmission function, then can I replace the digital sensor with a thermocouple as a principle to collect data?

This discussion has been locked for participation. If you have a question, please start a new topic in order to ask your question
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael GALIZZI
ST Employee

Hello,

the VDD_MEMS voltage is provided by the microcontroller through one of its GPIO. Therefore, the voltage is limited to 1.8 V. The MAX6675 thermocouple require a voltage range between 3.0 V to 5.5 V to operate, so it is not possible to use VDD_MEMS to power the MAX6675.

Best regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

Hi,

pleas ehave a look at this post, this could answer your question :

Obtaining 3 axis data from LIS2DW12 using Steval-Smartag 1 board

Best Regards,

BB

Hi @Berenice BENVEGUDA 

Yes, but I have a question about the STEVAL-SMARTAG1, if I need to measure the temperature using the max6675 and thermocouple, can I utilize the power source obtained by VDD_MEMS?

Michael GALIZZI
ST Employee

Hello,

the VDD_MEMS voltage is provided by the microcontroller through one of its GPIO. Therefore, the voltage is limited to 1.8 V. The MAX6675 thermocouple require a voltage range between 3.0 V to 5.5 V to operate, so it is not possible to use VDD_MEMS to power the MAX6675.

Best regards,

Michael