cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ADC3 inputs for current sensing with Motor Control Workbench 5.2.0

Mike Thompson
Associate III

Due to a number of hardware constraints, I need to specify ADC3 for the phase current, bus voltage and temperature feedback for my ST Motor Control Workbench 5.2.0 project for a custom brushless control board. However, I don't see way of specifying anything other than ADC1/ADC2 in the Peripheral Selection setting under Control Stage - Analog Input and Protection in the Workbench.

I presume there is nothing in the ST Motor Control library that prohibits using ADC3 to provide feedback for FOC. Is this correct? If so, is there a way to specify ADC3 in the Workbench? Or, do I need to hand modify the output files in STM32CubeMX? Or, do I need to start modifying the various motor control application files?

I see that, by default, ADC2 is used for phase current feedback and ADC1 is used for bus voltage and temperature feedback. Can a single ADC3 peripheral be used for both?

Thanks,

Mike Thompson

2 REPLIES 2
Claire O.
ST Employee

Hello Mike,

Can you please tell us more about your ADC3 configuration needs?

Thanks a lot,

Claire

I have a similar question, is it possible to realize a 3 shunt reading using 3 of the integrated opamp ? It doesn't seem possible because usually the output of integrated opamp 3 is connected to ADC3. Is there an easy way to overcome this limitation ?

Thanks