cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subject: Support Request for Current Sensing Calculation with VN9D5D20FN

Vennila
Associate

Hi, 

I am currently working with the VN9D5D20FN and RL78, successfully controlling 4 channels at a 100% duty cycle, achieving a 12V output. Now trying to read the current sense value for Channel 1 with OUTCFGR1 configured to 0x9FE0 and a rheostat load applied. I've readed the ADC values from the ADC1SR register and measured current consumption with a clamp meter.

Vennila_2-1726741980562.png

Could you please assist me with the following:

1. How should I calculate the current value from the ADC1SR?
  2. What is the K value in the Iout_conv formula for each channel?

Here are the ADC readings I have:

• ADC1SR = 0x0019 --> Current Value = ?
  • ADC1SR = 0x001B --> Current Value = ?
  • ADC1SR = 0x011C --> Current Value = ?
  • ADC1SR = 0x021A --> Current Value = ?

Vennila_1-1726741882609.png

Thanks and Regards,

Vennila

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Vennila, to the community!

The K values are listed separately in the data sheet for the various functions in tables 57, 58, 62 and 63.

The topic of K values is also discussed in detail in AN5792. In section 2 you will find a consideration according to which your measured current of 1...2A is within a fairly large tolerance range for K.

Hope this answers your questions?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Vennila, to the community!

The K values are listed separately in the data sheet for the various functions in tables 57, 58, 62 and 63.

The topic of K values is also discussed in detail in AN5792. In section 2 you will find a consideration according to which your measured current of 1...2A is within a fairly large tolerance range for K.

Hope this answers your questions?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@peter

I'm trying to find the K value. AN5792 will help me understand the K value.

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Vennila

in DS:

Bulb-01.pngBulb-23.pngLED-01.pngLED-23.png