cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-EFUSE01 Not working

TH3221
Associate II

Recieved a STEVAL-EFUSE01 for evulation of the STEF01 however I can not get any current to pass through it. 12v input on VCC and GND, a 1amp load on VOUT_F, Enable pin is floating, 22ohm resistor for current limiter should allow at more than a 1amp load.

6 REPLIES 6
TH3221
Associate II

Anyone? Is there someone I can contact instead of this fourm?

RAlve.3
Associate II

Hi @TH3221​. I'm having the same issue, did you sort this out?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Just stumbled across the question. The STEVAL-EFUSE01 has the potentiometer TR1 for setting UVLO, but the associated resistors (R3, RL, RH) are not fitted, so UVLO is set to default, i.e. 14.5V. Without the appropriate resistors, the STEF01 will not switch on at lower voltages.

Please also refer to the data sheet of the STEF01.

Does it help?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
RAlve.3
Associate II

Hi @Peter BENSCH​ your answer here made me realize that our issue with the evaluation board is not exactly like the original poster's. I created another thread with a better description of our issue here: e-fuse evaluation board question. I have 24V on Vin (well above default UV value on the eval board) and I'm getting a slow pulsating output from (24V to 0 and repeat) with no load on the output. Getting this on 3 different eval boards and I tried a couple of PSU. Is it the no load on the output?

Unfortunately, I can't check it with the board at the moment because I don't have it at hand. What happens if a load is connected?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi. Thank you for your time. I finally made it work. Description of actions here: e-fuse evaluation board question