cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pincount

mohamed_badran
Associate II

could you help me to get pincount for part number   ''   STPSC6H065DLF  ''  

Pin Count for this PN "" as supplier site mentioned it as "4" while it's found in datasheet as "5"?

4 REPLIES 4
mohamed_badran
Associate II
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

I assume you are referring to MLPD 8X8 4L with the statement about 4 pins, which can be found on the product website and the tab Sample & Buy?

Well, you have to be careful in which context you talk about pins and connections, which can unfortunately lead to confusion. In this case, the package indeed has 4 pins, which are led to the package edge with bond wires. However, it has 5 electrical connections because the cooling slug is also used to connect the cathode.

Hope that answers your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

thanks for your reply

But i need ask , Is it  applicable to connect exposed pad or cooling slug  to Main pin as cathode ?

@mohamed_badran wrote:

Is it  applicable to connect exposed pad or cooling slug  to Main pin as cathode ?

According to the datasheet, the exposed pad is the only connection to the cathode:

AndrewNeil_1-1715761718965.png

So, if you don't connect to that, you won't have any connection to the cathode at all !