cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L9963E does not work in direct SPI mode (SPIEN = 1)

PHoan.2
Associate

I am using EVAL-9963E

From datasheet, when SPIEN pin of L9963E is connected to VCOM and R43, R46, R57, R138, R139, R140, R141, R143 are assembled, L9963E is now ready to use direct SPI (normal SPI without isolation).

1 MCU communicates with 1 L9963E on same board.

As I send Configure IDs command from GUI, I did not receive any ACK (ISO mode works properly)

When I tried to send a single read at address 0x1 from GUI, I received  0xC1FCFFFD08 which is CRC error frame

Could you guide me how to use SPI mode to read from and write to register data of L9963 (which is now on the same board with MCU)? It seems that there is no user guide on that.

And it is said in datasheet that

"In case Master Unit has port H disabled (isotx_en_h = 0), trying to communicate with a Slave unit will return the corresponding Master’s register content; " and

"It forwards commands only if they are addressing Slave units. Any command addressed to the Master unit is not propagated on the ISOH port; "

--> the question is what kind of frame should I send to L9963 to let it distinguish whether MCU is trying to communicate with Slave unit or Master unit

0 REPLIES 0