cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGBT TO-247 Paralleling.

NReyn.8
Associate

Evaluating STGW60V60F for a tractor-motor inverter project. Been using power modules but would like to switch to a TO-247 package. Your datasheet states "safe paralleling" for this device and "very tight parameter distribution resulting in safer paralleling operation". My question is this, can 8 or more of these chips be safely paralleled right from the factory? In other words, can I avoid "screening" to gather "matched" sets? I have heard MOSFET chips are generally screened and gathered into matched sets before installation (e.g. Vth, Rds, etc. are exactly measured).

1 REPLY 1
Giuseppe GULLOTTA
Associate

For a tractor motor we don't suggest products from this IGBT series (V serie) but the one coming from M series. it is 650V and shows also robustness in short circuit event. if TO-247 package (and so screwing) is a MUST for you we suggest STGWA50M65DF2 and STGWA75M65DF2. If MAX247 is a viable solution (no scre but clip) for you we have the STGYA120M65DF2. The last one has been also qualified at Automotive Grade. If the automotive graded option is useful you can refer to the STGYA120M65DF2AG. regarding the paralleling, I can assume a low switching frequency (< 10kHz).

We have no direct experience and it is function of system environment and current flow each IGBT. I have customer which parallel 4 x STGYA120M65DF2 and any selection is applied. I have another customer which parallel up to 6 x STGSB200M65DF2AG without any selection. the last one is based on an SMD package top side cooling including a 650V 200A IGBT + freewheeling Diode. it will be in full production by May 2019. samples can be bought on demand. ciaoooo