cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using L6470 in my project and I have a serious problem. the voltage / frequency profile is corrupted for no apparent reason.

Lorenzo1
Associate II

After the initial setup I only use two commands HARD-HIz and RUN. I'm interested in the speed of the engine.

Everything seems to work fine, but if I update the speed setpoint repeatedly with values very close to each other gradually the current supplied to the motor deviates from my settings. It is the small variation and not the cadence of the command that determine the error.

The configuration registers are not corrupted, the hardware seems fine, but it happens that after a short time the motor no longer receives the necessary current and stops.

I have the impression that the generator of the voltage / frequency profile goes into crisis and gradually accumulates an error.

This error resets, without further intervention, only by setting an important speed variation. Typically, a RUN (0) or a reversal of direction resets the error and the new acceleration ramp leads to the desired current. Any other intervention on the configuration does not correct the problem.

I discovered this situation by taking an analog signal as a speed reference, which always varies a little. By updating every little variation, what I have described easily happens.

This is a big deal for me. There is no way to identify the occurrence of the problem until the engine loses pace. There is no way to correct the accumulation of error if not by acting heavily on the speed and forcing the ramp generator to intervene and reset its state.

Has anyone ever had such a thing with this component? Is there any way to fix this? Could the problem depend on an inappropriate configuration or management of the component, which can then be solved by acting appropriately at the hw or sw level?

Thanks

Lorenzo

0 REPLIES 0