cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to drive the BOOT pins of a STSPIN32F0251?

MLamp.2
Associate

I have an EVSPIN32F02Q1S1 board to experiment. Each boot pin has a connection to Vcc via a diode (D1, D4, D7) - which are not mounted on the board. When driving a phase full on the pull up MOSFET breaks down about every 2.5ms. The time varies depending on other IO signals.

I can not find a reference data sheet or application note about the MOSFET driver circuitry of this chip.

Anybody knows how to drive this pin?

If I need 100% Vcc output, is populating those diodes all that is required?

What are the implications?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The driver works like all known half-bridge drivers based on bootstrap capacitors and is comparable to the STDRIVE101, but can work with a higher bridge voltage. The evaluation board offers the option of connecting external bootstrap diodes to reduce the time to charge the bootstrap capacitors.

100% VCC output is only possible for the (limited) time that the bootstrap capacitors supply the high-side FET and remain above the UVLO limit.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The driver works like all known half-bridge drivers based on bootstrap capacitors and is comparable to the STDRIVE101, but can work with a higher bridge voltage. The evaluation board offers the option of connecting external bootstrap diodes to reduce the time to charge the bootstrap capacitors.

100% VCC output is only possible for the (limited) time that the bootstrap capacitors supply the high-side FET and remain above the UVLO limit.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MLamp.2
Associate

Thanks Peter, the datasheet for the STDRIVE101 has all the answers. Might be worth adding a reference to the STSPIN32F0251 datasheet.

Markus