cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling open load detection in L99LDLH32 driver

javher4127
Associate

Hi,

I am using the L99LDLH32 driver in an application in which some of the output pins of the driver are in open load, the problem is that in this way an open load fault is generated by the driver, deactivating all the output channels.

Is it possible to disable open load detection for the L99LDLH32 driver?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @javher4127, to the community!

the data sheet, section 5.3.9 states:

For all (and only) those channels mapped on DIN (DIN_MAP_CHx = 01), the L99LDH32 features the indication of open load on FAULT pin. If the bit OL_EN (see FTP/RAM memory map, Chapter 7) is equal to “0”, the open load fault detection is NOT propagated on FAULT bus; whilst if OL_EN = 1, the open load of the faulty channel is indicated on associated FAULT bus (pulled low).

Does this answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you very much Peter!

The bit OL_EN is set to "0" as shown in the following image:

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-14 141531.png

But despite this, when I try to activate an output channel, the device indicates an open load fault and the FE2 bit of the global status byte is set to "1".

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-14 141638.png

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

This behaviour is indeed interesting, but I can't explain it to myself, nor do I have a board to understand it. Perhaps someone else will come up with more ways to answer.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.