Ayoob
Associate

Hi ,

Could help me to identify the model of this TVs diode 

it’s from WD external 4TB HDD

Thanks in advance. 

35D285CB-C68B-441F-B984-1897465C6235.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7

"the marking is SUA, which corresponds to the SMA6F5.0A-TR, which can be found today with 6AI marking."

https://community.st.com/t5/other-hardware/hi-could-you-please-help-me-identify-this-diode/td-p/197883

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for reply ,

What about the first TVs Diode which stands with SUG marking ?

"SUG stands for the SMA6F13A-TR"

https://community.st.com/t5/power-management/unable-to-find-diode-or-cross-ref/td-p/683783

BarryWhit
Senior III

@Lina_DABASINSKAITE , here's another example of missing labels. The forum sees a slow but steady stream of such chip identification help requests, but there's no forum label for it. In lieu of a dedicated subforum, a dedicated label would be nice.

- If someone's post helped resolve your issue, please thank them by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Please post an update with details once you've solved your issue. Your experience may help others.

@BarryWhit There is a label: Power Managment > Discretes

Well, maybe not the ideal combination, but should mostly work - doesn’t it?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

As it is it shows up in my feed, I'm Ok with it, and the more times we answer the better the chance of a direct Google Hit for the self-service customers

These particular diodes being a pain due to lack of marking documentation, and the markings changing from current issue parts.

ST STMICRO DIODE SUA SUG MARK MARKING

HARD DRIVE DIODES

600W TVS

OLD: SUA SMA6F5.0A NEW: 6AI
OLD: SUG SMA6F13A NEW: 6AY

Yes, this may be a little confusing, but all SMA6F (package SMA Flat) are obsolete and no longer visible on the ST website, please do not confuse it with SMA6J (package SMA).

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.