cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2N5551HR LCC-3 Package Pin Orientation

Sunshine84
Associate

Looking at the 2N5551HR datasheet pages 7 - 9, it is misleading where pin 1 is located. If you look at the UB package on page 7, pin 1 seems to be on the opposite side to the ident and dot. Does this also mean the LCC-3 package is also wrong. Can you confirm please?

Thanks,

Sunshine84

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Alex Beale​, to the community!

It is indeed a bit irritating, but the mentioned drawings completely match the pin numbering on data sheet, page 1. In this respect, the pin numbering leaves the usual paths a little and does not count counter-clockwise in the top view, but the other way round and also starts at the opposite corner of pin 4. This applies to both housing variants, i.e. UB and LCC-3.

Hope that helps?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Sunshine84
Associate

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the UB diagrams 4.1 (page 7). They disagree with themselves (look at the top and bottom diagram). Is pin 1 near pin 4 or in the opposite corner?

I need to confirm this orientation before I can use the LCC-3 package.

Thanks,

Sunshine84

Now I understand what you mean. But in Fig. 4 it says "Pin No. 1 marking for JANS products", which I interpret as "only for JANS products".

To be on the safe side, you should open a personal ticket with Online Support OLS.

If the question is answered here for the time being, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AScha.3
Chief II

i see nothing wrong.

LCC case pin numbers are clear .

and on page 7 the "dot" is only for JANS in UB package, so not related to LCC case.

(and ..is only the "usual no.1 marking dot" , here at pin no. 2 position. ok now ? )

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".