cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does eDesignSuite calculate NFC matching components ?

nmeunier
Associate II

Hello,

I have to tune several NFC antennas using a ST25R3911b and I would like to automate calculations of the matching circuit depending on the antenna parameters (Rs,L,Rp,SRF). Using the eDesignSuite is a bit heavy since I have several antennas and it implies to fill manually all the fields. So I would like to perform my own calculations of matching circuit.

I used the method described in the attached file to calculate NFC matching components and my result for Cs and Cp are slightly different from the eDesignSuite results.

So I would like to know how the calculations are made by the eDesignSuite.

Cordially,

Nicolas Meunier.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arimsa Has
Associate II

Hi @nmeunier​,

in app note "ST25R single ended antenna matching - Application note" and "Antenna matching for ST25R3911B/ST25R391x devices - Application note", you can found the formulas , which are used for the calculation in the eDesignsuite.

Please also consider das some fine tuning my be needed, depending on the accuracy of the measurement of "Matching + Antenna".

Best regards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Arimsa Has
Associate II

Hi @nmeunier​,

in app note "ST25R single ended antenna matching - Application note" and "Antenna matching for ST25R3911B/ST25R391x devices - Application note", you can found the formulas , which are used for the calculation in the eDesignsuite.

Please also consider das some fine tuning my be needed, depending on the accuracy of the measurement of "Matching + Antenna".

Best regards.

nmeunier
Associate II

Perfect, thank you !