cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBG08H-E ignition coil driver still manufactured or not?

ARA_electronics
Associate II

Hi,

Since I am using this component in several applications,

I would like to know if it is still manufactured.
Normally I would just check the ST website to have the information,

but my difficulty here is that I have seen different information at different moments.

Do you know a way to be sure about the status of the component?

Using octopart some websites affirm that it is obsolete whereas others say it's active.

I don't know if the component could have been stopped then relaunch and that could be the source of the confusion?

Thank you very much for your help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is the VBG08H-E, which is still active.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Please upload a legible photo of this device so that we can check it.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help,

Here is the legible WhatsApp Image 2024-05-16 à 18.14.58_90eb5f97.jpgphoto

It is the VBG08H-E, which is still active.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

I just noticed I named the topic VVB08GH-E,

the component is the VBG08H-E,

I made a mistake on topic name

I think that helps,

Do you have an idea why it is written as obsolete on certain website such as mouser ?

https://www.mouser.fr/ProductDetail/STMicroelectronics/VBG08H-E?qs=Rlwi1sSxVL7suoQrhigujg%3D%3D

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Don't know, you'll have to ask the distributors, e.g. the catalogue distributor Mouser. Maybe because the device is only sold in 2500 rolls as VBG08HTR-E, as you can see on our website under Sample & Buy.

tiedangdang
Associate II

We can chat privately, maybe I can help you

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your help on this topic. 

If I understood well, you confirm that the product is still active and that the st website is up to date.

So now I know I can continue to use this components on my products without risking to be unable to buy it.

Now my question is, how can I order it, because on ST website it is called out of stock :

image.png

Is there a way to buy it directly to your company or I should use distributors catalogue?

Thanks !

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

One final note: the Status Active always refers to the current point in time, not to the (distant) future. If global demand falls sharply, STMicroelectronics must reserve the right to discontinue a part. Typically, Active then changes to NRND (Not Recommended for New Design) on the product website, so that you still have enough time to look for an alternative.