cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STPM34 ADC data availability

cjs102
Associate

Hello! Hope your team is well and everything is fine!

I'm currently using two stpm34 chips on a custom board connected in cascade to perform voltage and current measurements.

Right now I'm performing measurements at a specific time through a timer interruption, however I have read on the documentation (UM3155 - page 3) the following statement:

"The STPM3x devices sample voltage and current data at 7.8125 kHz. At this rate, as soon as a new ADC data is available, a pulse is output on the CLKOUT pin of the device.

To synchronize the samples reading with the ADC sampling rate, the firmware uses the pin PA1 of the MCU
connected to the CLKOUT pin to trigger an interrupt."

I haven't found anything like this on the datasheet so I have some doubts about this feature.

My questions are the following:

1) Is it true that I can use the CLKOUT pin of the STPM34 as a way to know exactly when the data is available? If so, do I have configure the chip previously in order to achieve this?

2) Do I need to separate both STPM34 chips in order to use this CLKOUT data availability feature?

3) If one chip has a 16MHz crystal and all the other chips are in cascade, do I have to configure the DSP_CR3 register so that all the STPM34 chips run at 16MHz?

4) Assuming that the first question is true, would the cascade configuration affect the CLKOUT pin data availability feature?

Best regards,

1 REPLY 1
Douglas MILLER
ST Employee

This post has been escalated to the ST Online Support Team for additional assistance. We'll contact you directly.