Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Gate driver (L6491) on the STEVAL-CTM009V1 board

NYN68
Associate II

Hi Sir/Ma'am,

I have a question about the gate driver L6491 on the STEVAL-CTM009V1 board 

Explanation: Currently, I am using the STEVAL-CTM009V1 evaluation kit for my motor control application. I have connected the necessary power supplies(48V and 12V) and all 4 RED LEDs are ON. I applied 6 PWMs and tested that I could see the PWMs at the input of the gate driver. but I am not receiving any output other than small spikes at the low sides output and LOW at high sides output..

Questions: what could be the reason behind this? As per my understanding, Is it a problem with the SD/OD pin?(see figure below from datasheet) Do I need to apply High input to this pin? if yes, how? And how much? Is it 3.3 V or 5 V? Or the problem is something else?

NYN68_0-1719391575968.png

Please also let me know if I need to take care of any other things while working with this board.

Best regards,

Nayan

4 REPLIES 4
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

from ds:

AScha3_0-1719392926264.png

So SD has to be hi , for active driving the output.

AScha3_1-1719393206303.png

So you can use, what your controller has : 3v3, or 5V .

From ds : use a pullup on SD (3k3) and a cap (try: 100nF) , then can use this line as ERROR IN to cpu (OD low = driver overcurrent).

AScha3_0-1719396613639.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
NYN68
Associate II

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
one more question regarding that is there is no suitable pin available on the board to connect HI input.
or am I missing something? 

The SD needs the pullup (+cap) to switch driver active/ON ;

the signal here (low on error) you can use, but you also dont need to connect anything more.

Driver just signal error here, but if you dont "use" it, also no problem.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
NYN68
Associate II

Hi,
Thank you for the answer.
I just checked it, there is a 3.3 V available at the SD/OD pin. Though, I am not getting signals at output pins.
What could be the reason?