cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help identifying PLCC44 ST device

PhaseSeeker
Associate

Hi, I'm trying to fix an old device (late '80s/early '90) which uses, on its digital logic board, an IC in a PLCC44 package which is marked with the ST logo and "ICWA B22WE9335". I can't find any datasheets nor even any mention of its existence anywhere on the internet. Does anyone know where I might find some info on it? Also, I think it might possibly be some kind of programmable logic device (it's hooked to a 6805 MCU's data/address busses and to some external latches) with a custom part number, if so, any idea which device it might actually be? None of the PAL/GALs I can find in the databooks uses a package with that many pins.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

@Andrew Neil well spotted, but this is a question of that author. 😉

@PhaseSeeker As mentioned be Andrew, this is a customised device to which and whose documents only the respective customer has access. I'm extremely sorry that nobody will be able to help you.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Show a good, clear photo of the device.

@PhaseSeeker wrote:

I think it might possibly be some kind of programmable logic device

Maybe from the WSI acquisition: 

https://www.electronicsweekly.com/news/archived/resources-archived/st-gains-memory-ip-with-wsi-acquisition-2000-09/ 

Here's a picture,

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

It gets a mention here:

https://hackaday.io/project/181937-reverse-engineering-the-rotor

The author does, indeed, describe it as a custom chip.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

@Andrew Neil well spotted, but this is a question of that author. 😉

@PhaseSeeker As mentioned be Andrew, this is a customised device to which and whose documents only the respective customer has access. I'm extremely sorry that nobody will be able to help you.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.