cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC5 Studio with a different compiler

asn
Associate III

Hello, 

I currently have SPC560P chip which I am able to program using SPC5 Studio and Debug using SPC5-UDESTK. The compiler that I have currently selected is "FreeGCC with VLE Support" by going to the Application Configuration -> SPC560Pxx Platform Component RLA -> Build Settings.

I see the other options in the dropdown of Compiler Variant such as Hightech and GreenHills. 

The issue that I am currently facing is that I am modifying only a part of the existing code and I need to use another compiler when merging with the old code. So I was wondering if I can change the compiler to "mwcceppc" from "FreeGCC with VLE Support"  in SPC5 Studio ? If Yes, how ? 

I have added the path to "mwcceppc" in the SPC5 Studio -> Windows -> Preferences -> C/C++ -> Build -> Environment. And also the same in Project Properties. But I believe the settings in Configuration.xml will override these settings ?

Let me know if this is a possibility or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello ,

yes , it is possible to use CDT in Makefile mode (not Makefile generated) in order to add to your own compiler.

Maybe , you need to create your C project (CDT) and import the configuration in your CDT Project.

Best Regards

Erwan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello ,

yes , it is possible to use CDT in Makefile mode (not Makefile generated) in order to add to your own compiler.

Maybe , you need to create your C project (CDT) and import the configuration in your CDT Project.

Best Regards

Erwan

Correct me if I am wrong, In the case suggested by you, I will import my existing project and use my own Makefile and this will be a standalone project in SPC5 Studio. I will not be able to use PinMap Editor or Configuration.xml file correct as it is not a SPC5 C/C++ Application ?