cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find more information about LSM6DSM's LPF2 characteristics?

RRuss.1
Associate

Figure 6 shows the LPF2 is a function of the output data rate (ODR_G). I cannot seem to find in the documentation the bandwidth and phase delay introduced by LPF2 when HPF and LPF1 are bypassed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @RRuss.1​ ,

the effective LPF2 transfer function cannot be disclosed, since it is subjected to internal constrains.

I can say you that is is a sinc-like filter, with first notch at ODR/2.

I could also share is the settling times for the filter at different ODRs, and the data that is better to discard before starting the acquisition.

0693W00000BbmLFQAZ.pngIf my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @RRuss.1​ ,

the effective LPF2 transfer function cannot be disclosed, since it is subjected to internal constrains.

I can say you that is is a sinc-like filter, with first notch at ODR/2.

I could also share is the settling times for the filter at different ODRs, and the data that is better to discard before starting the acquisition.

0693W00000BbmLFQAZ.pngIf my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

Hi Eleon,

Thanks for your response.

Knowing the settling times for each ODR setting would be very beneficial to our application. So if you could provide that would be great. In the table you provided, what does the "T ODR valid data" column represent? Is that the settling time?

Richard

Hi Richard,

you are right, the ODR valid time is basically the settling time of the filter chain.

-Eleon