cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use nordic's bluetooth nrf52833 to drive lsm6dsl and lis2mdl sensors, but cannot use the motionfx library

Slong.1
Associate II

When driving these two sensors with nordic's bluetooth chip, I want to obtain the relevant attitude angle through the motionfx library, but the program has been stuck in the initialization of motionfx. If the MadgwickAHRSupdate algorithm is used, the yaw angle drifts too much, I can't solve these problems at present, any good suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

MotionFX ist part of the software packages FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 and X-CUBE-MEMS1.

I would like to draw your attention to the Software Licence Agreement SLA0077, which is part of both packages and that you must observe when using MotionFX.

Excerpt:

[page 2]

ST Device: means the combination of at least:

a) one ST microcontroller and b) one device chosen by You between a ST radio frequency connectivity device and a ST MEMS sensor integrated circuit;

a) and b) manufactured and sold by or for ST.

[page 3]

RESTRICTIONS

[...] You acknowledge and agree that any use, adaptation, translation or transcription of the Licensed Software or any portion or derivative thereof, for use with (i) product that does not include ST Device and/or (ii) with device, having similar functionalities to ST Devices, manufactured by or for an entity other than ST, is a material breach of this Agreement and requires a separate license from ST.

Unlike LSM6DSL and LIS2MDL, NRF52833 is not an ST device, which violates SLA0077.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

MotionFX ist part of the software packages FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 and X-CUBE-MEMS1.

I would like to draw your attention to the Software Licence Agreement SLA0077, which is part of both packages and that you must observe when using MotionFX.

Excerpt:

[page 2]

ST Device: means the combination of at least:

a) one ST microcontroller and b) one device chosen by You between a ST radio frequency connectivity device and a ST MEMS sensor integrated circuit;

a) and b) manufactured and sold by or for ST.

[page 3]

RESTRICTIONS

[...] You acknowledge and agree that any use, adaptation, translation or transcription of the Licensed Software or any portion or derivative thereof, for use with (i) product that does not include ST Device and/or (ii) with device, having similar functionalities to ST Devices, manufactured by or for an entity other than ST, is a material breach of this Agreement and requires a separate license from ST.

Unlike LSM6DSL and LIS2MDL, NRF52833 is not an ST device, which violates SLA0077.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

That is to say, I need to obtain the license of st separately to let nrf52833 use the motionfx library, right?

Correct, and the best way to do this is to contact your local or nearest ST office.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter