cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicleo-GUI vs Unico-GUI in Gravity Vector Graphing and Data Differences

ZoeTakacs
Associate II

Hi all, 

I'm trying to get some accurate orientation data from the accelerometer and gyroscopic capabilities of the LSM6DSV16X, but am getting some different data from different GUI software. The Unicleo-GUI paired with the STEVAL-MKBOXPRO (SensorTile.box PRO) when programmed through the Algo-Builder will give a gravity vector reading and Euler Angle readings which are susceptible to linear acceleration (something independent of 3D orientation). The Sensor Fusion display would also move in response to linear acceleration on a plane even though there was no change in orientation. The Unico-GUI on the other hand, when paired with the STEVAL-MK1109V3 board mounted with the STEVAL-MKI227KA (carrying the LSM6DSV16X), did not present the same unwanted response to linear acceleration and provided a clear and clean independent representation with little irregularities in the Sensor Fusion visualization either. What might be the cause of the difference between the two GUIs since it appears that the difference is not the sensor capabilities? Is this correction able to be programmed onto the FW of the board such that output will be like the output seen on the Unico-GUI? 

Thanks for taking a look in advance!

P.S. First photo is Unicleo-GUI, the rest are the Unico-GUI. 

Unicleo-Gui Screenshot.pngUnico-Gui Screenshot.1.pngUnico-Gui Screenshot.2.pngUnico-Gui Screenshot.3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hello @ZoeTakacs,

these are two different implementations of the sensor fusion algorithm:

What you see in Unicleo-GUI is output from MotionFW software library. I would need to know more details, for example AlgoBuilder project and the input and output data to analyze the issue you see. I suppose you are using MotionFX 6X (acc + gyro), this library has several parameters which can be used to fine tune the performance.

What you see in Unico-GUI is output from hardware implementation of sensor fusion low power (SFLP) algorithm embedded in the sensor. Your can find more details about that here

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hello @ZoeTakacs,

these are two different implementations of the sensor fusion algorithm:

What you see in Unicleo-GUI is output from MotionFW software library. I would need to know more details, for example AlgoBuilder project and the input and output data to analyze the issue you see. I suppose you are using MotionFX 6X (acc + gyro), this library has several parameters which can be used to fine tune the performance.

What you see in Unico-GUI is output from hardware implementation of sensor fusion low power (SFLP) algorithm embedded in the sensor. Your can find more details about that here