cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TESEO-LIV3F GPS interface with QN9080

Snagu.11
Associate II

Hi ST support team,

Am present working on TESEO-LIV3F GPS interface, these device is used on my customized board for GPS co-ordinates latitude and longitude, but here am facing some issues mentioned below.

1.My GPS co-ordinates longitude and latitude values are not updated with actual location of mine

below is the figure, am receiving serial packets from gps (teseo-liv3f), in that screenshot $GPRMC packet is updated to zero's.

2. 100nf capacitors are placed in my RF section of gps, is capacitance value is supported to my RF range or it need to be changed, also please check my schematics below any other need to be changed.

3.Please provide me a sample code for enabling gps interface or tell me the procedure for enabling gps interface with MCU(QN9080).

4.How to check in GPS whether antenna position is mounted in correct direction ..!

0693W00000BabUdQAJ.png 

0693W00000BabW0QAJ.png 

Thanks in advance,

suraj.N

1 REPLY 1

What if you remove C16 and C17, and bridge L5 with a short/wire?

Perhaps you have a team member with RF experience that can help you tune the circuit/antenna combo.

1) Yep, receiver is not getting a signal, not a software issue.

3) Looks to output NMEA by default, not sure there's any magic, you don't have an LNA or active antenna to enable. It not getting a fix is amount certainly entirely on the RF side.

4) Not clear what antenna is involved here. Antenna should be horizonal, with any ground plane downward, and the element facing upward so it has a clear view of the sky, ideally from horizon-to-horizon. It should be as high as possible, and way from any surfaces that might reflect signals.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..