cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFLP vs MotionFX algorithm

Daya
Associate II

Hi team,

I have purchased STEVAL-MKBOXPRO, It has LSM6DSV16X IMU with SFLP algorithm. MotionFX algorithm used in Algo builder. Is there any difference between those algorithm?. Which one is give more accurate output?

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Daya ,

It is a very generic question. The SFLP algorithm is based on the MotionFX, but being embedded in the sensor has lower power consumption.

so, overall, if you need only the 6 axes algorithm, I would recommend the SFLP.

While, if you need also the magnetometer data, and you need to use the 9 axes MotionFX, you need to use the MotionFX library.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Federica Bossi ,

Thank you so much for your clarification. I need to store SFLP algorithm based orientation into the SD card by using STEVAL-MKBOXPRO, Could you please provide example/procedure link?

Hi @Daya ,

I would suggest to start from the SDDataLogFileX project in the STSBOX1 function pack, available in the main page of the sensortileboxPRO web page.

This project starts all sensors and saves data on the sd card, so you just have to comment all the sensors that you don't need, enable the SFLP and save those data on the sd card instead of the sensor data.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.