Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request of VL53L0X

Sun.Li.001 Sun
Associate II

Posted on December 29, 2016 at 08:41

Hello,

I am using VL53L0X to perform range measurement. I knew there are C APIs and examples that provided by ST already. However, due to I am developing my project by other language, I think I should access to registers to achieving measurement.

My problem is I don't know the definition and valid value of all registers. I tried to find relevant information on my.st.com and some technical forums, and got some useful clues. For example, I knew the address of VL53L0X_REG_SYSRANGE_START is 0x00 and I can configure different modes of range measurement by setting different values. Sadly, I cannot find a Spec that guides me to learn whole registers. So I will not achieve more functionalities by reading/writing registers.

So could you please provide me some relevant information or Spec which describes all registers in VL53L0X ?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Posted on June 15, 2017 at 23:08

I know it's a lot like those stickers on products that say 'No user servical parts inside', but that is basically the case here. Programming this sensor is just too difficult to go it alone. That is why ST made the API. It might be large and cumbersom, but you will get a result using it. If you just started programming using the register map, more than likely all you would get was frustration.

There is a smaller API published on the Polulu web site. Search for 'pololu time of flight. Under resources, there is a smaller API. Some people have had luck with that. ST doesn't support it, but it does seem to work.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.
Posted on June 22, 2017 at 09:51

Hi

kvam.johne

‌,

I understand ST wants to provide users an easier access. But as I need to create a project by LabVIEW. I believe controlling registers is more efficient than calling DLLs.

I have learnt many VL53L0X's registers from some Arduino codes. And I already completed alarge part of LabVIEW codes based on my existing knowledge. So I think a detailed spec of

VL53L0X's

registers is helpful for my next progress.

Thanks!