cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with LIS2H12TR accelerometer

Stevesun
Associate

hello everyone:

I encountered an issue with inaccurate readings when using the LIS2HH12TR Please take a look.

First of all, my application scenario: installed on a device, FPGA reads the current position through IIC at all times, without any sudden vibration or interruption

My testing environment: I installed the board with an accelerometer on a three-axis platform. Firstly, it was horizontal, and the X reading was 0.1 °. Then, the three-axis platform rotated thirty degrees around the X axis (with an accuracy of 0.01 °), and the reading angle was 30.1 °. But after being powered on and off again at this position, the reading angle is 31.1 degrees.

My question is, every time I power on or off again, the angle read is normal. Why does the angle deviate as the turntable rotates.

Exclude a few issues: 1. The turntable rotates very slowly, and the stopped reading also takes a long time to eliminate the impact caused by the acceleration of the turntable;

2. I also use mean filtering in the program, so there should be no deviation

3.There is no problem converting acceleration to angle formula

PS:My accelerometer configuration (1) CTRL1=3Fh (XYZ enabled, ODR100Hz)

(2)CTRL4_ DATA=8'h00; That's enough.

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Ciao @煜 孙​ ,

Welcome to St Community!

When you write "after being powered on and off again at this position, the reading angle is 31.1 degrees", do you mean that you power off the LIS2HH12? Since the accelerometer doesn't hold the angle values.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I know that his internal does not store the Angle, Angle data is calculated by the software according to the official manual. But when this MEMS is turned to 30 degrees with power on, The data will be off by one degree. But after re-power on and off, read out the data is right.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @煜 孙​ ,

Can you share the raw acquisition data in LSB? Both when you read 31 degree and after power off/on.

Thanks

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.