cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MotionFX yaw problem

Pajaka
Associate III

Hi, I use LSM9DS1 in my project. I also use MotionMC and MotionFX libraries to calibrate the magnetometer and fuse data respectively and I have a following problem regarding the yaw output. The roll and pitch work flawlesly but the yaw output reading gets stuck - it does not respond to any movement unless I apply some amount of acceleration to the board. Slight tapping usually forces the yaw to update to somewhat correct orientation. What can I do about it? I first perform mag calibration until the CalQuality is equal to MMC_CALQSTATUSGOOD. Then I apply the hard bias as well as rotation matrix before updating the Kalman filter from the MotionFX lib. The ACC/Gyr ODR is 119Hz, magnetometer 80Hz. I also perform mag calibration once every few samples online. I also found out the calibration does not work when the mag ODR is bigger than 80 Hz for some reason - the CalQuality is always MMC_CALQSTATUSUNKNOWN.

2 REPLIES 2
Martin B
Associate III

Can you share algorithms input (sensor) data and related algorithms output data to be able to replicate issue, please?

Sorry for my inactivity. I managed to get it working.