cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKI239A Recognised as MKI236A (ASM330LHB_ASIL_B) by Unico

ZSong
Associate III

Hi,

My MKI239A has been unrecognised by Unico 9.16 for weeks. The firmware of motherboard MKI109V3 is 3.58.2 which should be latest for windows (as shown in screenshot).

By selecting MKI239A as MKI236A (ASM330LHB_ASIL_B) in Unico, the connection was smooth without error messages such as "who_am_I register not match", even though no readings were shown (see screenshot below).

ZSong_0-1700659543342.png

After that, I can even go back to Unico's first page and select my device as MKI239A. This time was also smooth without errors, but again, there were no readings...

If I do not select MKI236 first, I can never avoid the error messages, which seems weird...

I was wondering whether there is something wrong with the Unico or with my MKI239A?

Should I replace it? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ZSong ,

When you connect MKI239A as MKI236, can you read the whoami register? If yes, which is the value?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, when I connect it as MKI236, the who_am_I register value is shown as 0Fh on Unico "Register" section.

However, after that, I also tried to go back to first page of Unico and select the device as MKI237KA, MKI239A, MKI215V1... The whoamI value keeps the same as 0Fh. I am a bit confused...

ZSong_0-1700660336486.png

Hi @ZSong ,

Thanks for this information. Can you share a photo of your setup and how you put the MKI239 on the MKI109V3?

Thanks

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Sure. I hope the below photos are clear enough.

The voltage between VDD/VDDIO and GND is 1.8V, which I think should indicate a correct insertion.

ZSong_0-1700660640226.pngZSong_1-1700660658989.png

Hi, 

May I kindly ask if there are any updates for this issue? 

Please let me know if additional information is needed... Thanks a lot!