cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MKI239A adapter compatible with MKI109V3 Motherboard?

ZSong
Associate III

Hi,

May I kindly clarify whether MKI239A adapter is compatible with MKI109V3 motherboard?

From MKI239A's website and Unico's GUI (device selection list), it seems that it is compatible.

But from MKI109V3's "Tools&Software" page and UM2116 (Sec.3 - Supported MEMS adapter boards), MKI239A is not shown in the list...

I am a bit confused...

In my case, when I chose the adapter, an error popped up, saying that "adapter has not been recognised, and the who_am_I register value does not match".
This scenario does not change even if I have updated the firmware of the motherboard to the latest (3.58.2) following the user manual UM2116 (2.2.1-2.2.2) of the motherboard, changed into another USB cable, and pushed the adapter into the socket as deep as possible. My Unico is also latest version for windows (9.16).
I also measured the voltage between VDD/VDDIO and GND when the adapter is inserted into the socket, and the resulting 1.8V makes sense according to the datasheet of the IMU (LSM6DSV).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ZSong ,

I confirm you that MKI239A is compatible with MKI109V3 motherboard, you can try not to select the com port and select it later in the second page of Unico that will appear.

Let me know if this solves.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ZSong ,

I confirm you that MKI239A is compatible with MKI109V3 motherboard, you can try not to select the com port and select it later in the second page of Unico that will appear.

Let me know if this solves.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
liaifat85
Senior II

This description also says that MKI239A adapter compatible with MKI109V3 Motherboard: https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/steval-mki239a.html