cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a custom device for vibration analysis using ISM330dlc and STM32 low power mcu.

RJain.1
Associate II

I want to make a device using ISM330DLC and STM32L4 MCU. I want to see the FFT of the accelerometer data using Unicleo GUI .

Is it possible to see the data on Unicleo GUI without using nucleo board.

If not how can I configure the accelerometer and trace the data?

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @RJain.1​ , Unicleo-GUI has been implemented to fit different hardware platform, so you should try to find one that combines an STM32L4 and an ISM330DLC. Since the ISM330DLC is similar to LSM6DSL in terms of parameters and register map, and since for the LSM6DSL there are more available examples, I suggest you to use at HW level the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 expansion + any of the STM32L4xx_Nucleo boards, and at FW level the examples in the function pack X-CUBE-MEMS1, which can be directly interfaced via the Unicleo-GUI. Regards

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Actually, I want to make a PCB with ISM330DLC and STM32L4 MCU.

So, I want to know how to configure the sensor on the PCB itself using Unicleo GUI because now I don't have expansion board and Nucleo board.

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

@RJain.1​ , I understand, but Unicleo-GUI interfaces with a specific set of reference design boards and the GUI source code is not public. You could structure your STM32L4 FW starting from STM32CubeIDE 1.0.2 for the basic settings and adding the ISM330DLC  standard C drivers to your code. You can find them on the Github repository. Moreover, you can contact an STMicroelectronics sales office and representatives for further information and support, e.g. on Unicleo-GUI code. Regards