cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSOX Self-Test

NGern
Associate II

I'm trying to implement a self-test for the LSM6DSOX in Mode 1 (as in page 118 of AN5272 Rev 3).

Could someone explain what the ST_X, ST_Y, ST_Z variables represent? Would Min(ST_X) be the minimum value of the 5 samples while self-test is enabled, or the minimum of all 10 samples taken?

Also, I'm assuming that OUTX_, OUTY_, and OUTZ_ variables are the averages of the 5 samples for each NOST and ST case. Is that correct? If that is correct, then it looks like the pass/fail criteria is comparing the difference between NOST and ST averages to the minimum and maximum sample values. That math doesn't make sense to me.

I'd appreciate some clarification - thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @NGern​ , please consider also the datasheet table (DS12814 p.11) below to clarify the definitions. ST_X, ST_Y and ST_Z refer to the lower (min) and upper (max) self test limits, which are the same for the 3 axes and are of course different for accelerometer and gyroscope.

0690X000009azUbQAI.png

As you are correctly assuming, the OUTX_, OUTY_ and OUTZ_ values are the average on the 5 acquired samples (please remember to discard some samples according with the procedure described in AN5272): the NOST case is with the self-test disabled, while the ST case with the self-test enabled.

Regards,

Eleon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @NGern​ , please consider also the datasheet table (DS12814 p.11) below to clarify the definitions. ST_X, ST_Y and ST_Z refer to the lower (min) and upper (max) self test limits, which are the same for the 3 axes and are of course different for accelerometer and gyroscope.

0690X000009azUbQAI.png

As you are correctly assuming, the OUTX_, OUTY_ and OUTZ_ values are the average on the 5 acquired samples (please remember to discard some samples according with the procedure described in AN5272): the NOST case is with the self-test disabled, while the ST case with the self-test enabled.

Regards,

Eleon