cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSm303agr power-down

MM.10
Associate II

Hi guys,

I'm using for first time LSm303agr sensor and I have a question about low-consumption of the sensor.

Reading the Electrical characteristic I see that the sensor can achieve a low consumption of 2uA but I don't know what registers can do it.

I use CTRL_REG1_A to put the accelerometer in "Power-down mode" and CFG_REG_A_M to put the magnetometer in "low-power mode", but I can't achieve 2uA.

Can you help me?

Best regards,

Manuel

0690X000009Z1r3QAC.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Manuel, which current consumption level are you obtaining? Are you working at Vdd=2.5V and VddIO=1.8V? Your register settings are right ... did you check the current consumption after power up without setting any registers? Btw, try also to put MD[1:0] bits of CFG_REG_A_M in idle mode. Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Manuel, which current consumption level are you obtaining? Are you working at Vdd=2.5V and VddIO=1.8V? Your register settings are right ... did you check the current consumption after power up without setting any registers? Btw, try also to put MD[1:0] bits of CFG_REG_A_M in idle mode. Regards

MM.10
Associate II

Thank you for answer, Eleon. You are right!

MM.10
Associate II

Hi again Eleon,

Reviewing my hardware design I noticed that Vdd and VddIO are shorted (Vdd=3V). Is it a problem? As I read at the datasheet, these values are correct.

​Hi Manuel, no it's not a problem for the correct functioning using Vdd=VddIO=3V. However, the PD current consumption on the datasheet refers Vdd=2.5V and VddIO=1.8V, so for Vdd the current consumption will be higher. Regards

Excellent. Thank you, Eleon.