cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPS28DFW bias stability / difference with other LPS28DFW

Wolfgang1991
Associate

Hi,

I have two LPS28DFW in my application. The absolute value as well as the difference is important here. I noticed that there is a difference of around 30 Pa. Is it reasonable to assume that this difference is roughly constant in the future? I tested it for around 5000 seconds (see attached scatter plot and histogram for the difference) and it was pretty stable (sensor temperature was ~31°C in both cases). I am also going to test it for a longer time period but I'd like to know from a theoretical standpoint if I can assume this to be roughly constant and if I can use this for a "factory calibration" of my application to improve accuracy.

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Per the data sheet, the devices are factory calibrated, so if they're registering 30 Pa off, that means the reading has changed between factory calibration and now.

The datasheet specifies ± 50 Pa difference from soldering, which is in line with what you're seeing, and ± 100 Pa drift per year. These are specified as "typical" values, not max, so that's roughly how you should expect them to perform long term.

TDK_0-1691333694455.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Wolfgang1991
Associate

Thanks for the information. Is there some recommended calibration procedure which I can implement to improve accuracy? Is it just the offset/bias or is a more complicated temperature dependent calibration necessary? In any case how does a function look like which applies calibration parameters?