cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPS25HB Temperature compensation

CThir.1
Associate

Hi,

Does the LPS25HB sensor automatically compensate for temperature ?

If not how does one go about programming for it?

Thank you

Cesar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Cesar @CThir.1​ ,

Temperature compensation can be separated, in first approximation, into two contribution: an ambient temperature (typ 25°C) offset and a linear gain.

The LPS25HB electronics allows the offset of both pressure and temperature sensors to be compensated using internal networks. This offset is calculated at 25°C in the production line and is written in the reserved registers. I can tell you that the register you are interested in is the REG 13h of the 11-1Fh reserved batch, but please be very careful while modifying any reserved registers' values. I cannot disclose more documentation on it.

There is also the whereas a gain trimming is realized by means of the second amplifier feedback capacitors. In this case, it is better to compensate the gain at software level, using an external reference sensor, since the soldering process on application board can have affected the stand-alone device behavior.

Consider however that from the datasheet the Absolute accuracy temperature across the T= 0 ~ +65 °C range is pretty good, +- 2°C.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Cesar @CThir.1​ ,

Temperature compensation can be separated, in first approximation, into two contribution: an ambient temperature (typ 25°C) offset and a linear gain.

The LPS25HB electronics allows the offset of both pressure and temperature sensors to be compensated using internal networks. This offset is calculated at 25°C in the production line and is written in the reserved registers. I can tell you that the register you are interested in is the REG 13h of the 11-1Fh reserved batch, but please be very careful while modifying any reserved registers' values. I cannot disclose more documentation on it.

There is also the whereas a gain trimming is realized by means of the second amplifier feedback capacitors. In this case, it is better to compensate the gain at software level, using an external reference sensor, since the soldering process on application board can have affected the stand-alone device behavior.

Consider however that from the datasheet the Absolute accuracy temperature across the T= 0 ~ +65 °C range is pretty good, +- 2°C.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon