cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DW12 Anti Tampering Application

GBaue.2
Associate

I need to develop an application of anti tampering using LIS2DW12 and it's interrupt function. I'm using ST's official library and functions from:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/lis2dw12/tree/f352aa6ab62e4f050948cbbc78f5b79163a42379

I have already tried a few examples such as wake up, activity, 6D orientation, single/double tap and also tweaked and experimented with many parameters.

The accelerometer is inside a box with a keypad. This box will be fixed to the wall. I need to differentiate button presses from movement of this box such as unfixing the box from the wall. Is that possible to be done using maybe the wake up function?

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @GBaue.2​ ,

Maybe a more complex digital structure, like the Finite State Machine (FSM) or the Machine Learning Core (MLC) would be more suitable, if you are trying to detect a specific gesture / vibration pattern, among all the other possibilities. If this is the case, maybe a 6-axis such as LSM6DSOX is more indicated.

If you want to use a single accelerometer such as the LIS2DW12, you might exploit the single tap feature, for which two parameters (a threshold in mg and a duration in ms) can be configured, but has to be fine-tuned on the specific gesture to be recognized. See the Application note AN5038, p.25 and the C example lis2dw12_tap_single.c (the wake-up can only detect a threshold).

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon