cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DW12 adding to interrupt2

Msaga.1
Associate II

Hello @Eleon BORLINI​  ,l want to add functionality to interrupt 2, I want that in addition to the full fifo we have. how can i do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Msaga.1​ ,

As shown in the picture in app note AN5038 p.17, it is not possible to route all the interrupts on the INT2 pin (but it is possible on the INT1). This is valid for the 6D interrupt.

0693W00000BdZZOQA3.pngYou might think to use INT1 for the interrupts that cannot be managed by INT2.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Msaga.1​ ,

let me please better understand your question: do you want to add a function to the interrupt 2, that is already managing the FIFO (i.e. the INT2_FTH: FIFO threshold event is routed to the INT2 pin)?

And do you want the two events interrupts being simultaneously enabled?

If so, you can in theory do it, in the sense that if you configure two functions on the same interrupt (INT2 in this case), by default they are in OR configuration, meaning that if one of the two codified events occurs, the "overall" interrupt is risen. This is what happened in previous devices, such for example as the LIS2DH12 accelerometer. On the LIS2DW12 device, however, it is not possible to enable the "interrupt AND" configuration. You have however to be able to distinguish between the two events, and for this reason it is not enough to check the physical INT2 pad: you need to check also the risen bits in the dedicated registers, for example the INT2_FTH bit for the CTRL5_INT2_PAD_CTRL register.

Is it something like this what you are looking for?

-Eleon

Msaga.1
Associate II

I saw that in INT2 pin I can add this functionality in the INT1_6D bit. so I have added the functionality to the INT1 pin.

But I didnt saw the same bit (that tells me about a change in orientation) in the INT2 pin

0693W00000BdVYMQA3.jpg0693W00000BdVYaQAN.jpg

Hi @Msaga.1​ ,

As shown in the picture in app note AN5038 p.17, it is not possible to route all the interrupts on the INT2 pin (but it is possible on the INT1). This is valid for the 6D interrupt.

0693W00000BdZZOQA3.pngYou might think to use INT1 for the interrupts that cannot be managed by INT2.

-Eleon

Msaga.1
Associate II

Thank you