cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DH12 current consumption in the Low power .

ASing.15
Associate II

Hello folks,

I am trying to interface LIS2DH12 with NRF52840 DK(nordic semiconductor's Development Board )by using SPI bus protocol for which I have used the ST drivers from the link below,

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STMems_Standard_C_drivers

and used example "lis2dh12_read_data_polling.c"

and configured the example with the below settings,

ODR = 10Hz (even tried with 1Hz)

LOW POWER MODE (8-bit mode)

FULL SCALE - 2g

TEMPERATURE SENSOR - DISABLE

I am getting around 137-140 uA which is way more than the mentioned value in the Datasheet(around 2uA - 3uA).

And for testing, I even tried with the I2C bus protocol but still got a 140 uA+ reading.

So, any suggestions where I might be going wrong.

Thanks and regards,

Abhay Singh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @ASing.15​ ,

It might be related to the SDO/SA0 pin at hardware / firmware level?

Please note in fact that this pin has an internal pull-up, and if you are connecting it to the GND (for example, when your device is in idle state) you will experience the consumption coming from the pull-up resisters (see datasheet, p.9):

0693W00000DnNXDQA3.pngCan you please try to leave it at Vdd when the SPI is not running?

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @ASing.15​ ,

It might be related to the SDO/SA0 pin at hardware / firmware level?

Please note in fact that this pin has an internal pull-up, and if you are connecting it to the GND (for example, when your device is in idle state) you will experience the consumption coming from the pull-up resisters (see datasheet, p.9):

0693W00000DnNXDQA3.pngCan you please try to leave it at Vdd when the SPI is not running?

-Eleon

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Abhay @ASing.15​ ,

any feedback about it?

-Eleon