cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DE12 - is it possible to set & reset INT1 & INT2 pins (or any other pin) on wakeup

MŠirc.1
Associate

Hi,

I was looking at LIS2DE12 and I am aware that it can send a wakeup signal to the CPU. In my design I want to enable the power on PMIC chip directly through its enable pin. So I want to do something like this:

• Shake the device
  • LIS2DE12 sets its pin to 1 (3V)
  • this pin in is connected to PMIC which now powers up the main CPU
  • when the device is not moving the main CPU sets the reset signal to LIS2DE12
  • LIS2DE12 sets its pin to 0 (0V)
  • PMIC powers down the CPU

I read about latching INT1 & INT2 in the specification paper but I am not sure this means this. I also found https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000012QA5NSAW/lis2de12-interrup-on-wakeup but I am not sure if the same case is described there.

Is it possible to make such operation? Just set some pin to 1 when wakeup is triggered and then reset it with another pin.

If this is not possible LIS2DE12 is there any other IC that works like this?

Thanks,

Matej

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Matej @Matej Šircelj​ ,

Yes, the procedure you are describing should be possible.

For this step:

• when the device is not moving the main CPU sets the reset signal to LIS2DE12

in the latched interrupt case, you have to read the INT1_SRC (31h) register to clear the interrupt itself (see datasheet, p.21).

Only a remark: I suggest you to use a more recent part number than the LIS2DE12, such as the LIS2DW12, which is guaranteed for more years.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon