cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with running X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 (version 5.6.0), UltrasoundFFT on STEVAL-STWINKT1

KShet.1
Associate

Hello, 

I am able to successfully compile X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 (version 5.6.0), UltrasoundFFT for STM32L4R9ZI-STWIN (STEVAL-STWINKT1) - as Debug .bin file. 

However, when I run it on the STWINKT1, the host Utility/GUI (UltrasoundFFT.exe) does not run. It is unresponsive when click the START button. Basically, the utility program hangs.

Alternatively, I don't have this problem when I use the compiled code from X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 (version 5.5.0). It works fine.

I am wondering if anyone has tested this project (UltrasoundFFT for STWINKT1) using version 5.6.0? The Release Notes for version 5.6.0 says that "now using new GenericFFT library". I am wondering if there is any bug in this library (GenericFFTLibrary) versus the previous one used in version 5.5.0.

( I am using STM32CubeIDE version 1.9.0 on MS Windows 10, x64 PC for compiling.)

Thanks for any suggestion,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @KShet.1​ ,

after internal checking with our experts, yes, you are right, the Ultrasound FFT demo for STWIN has a few (known) bugs.

A maintenance release of the X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 firmware package is scheduled for end July: this release will include the solution of this bug.

Please check the X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 page in some weeks --> X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @KShet.1​ ,

after internal checking with our experts, yes, you are right, the Ultrasound FFT demo for STWIN has a few (known) bugs.

A maintenance release of the X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 firmware package is scheduled for end July: this release will include the solution of this bug.

Please check the X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 page in some weeks --> X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1.

-Eleon