cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMP23ABSU hardware interface

NCatt.1
Associate III

Hello, 

I have as project to use the STWINKT1B board and write my custom code to read IMP23ABSU sensor at its maximum capacity (80kHz). I understand the sensor output data is amplified by an op-amp and can be read with ADC input of the microcontroller, but what is the exact interface ? I don't really understand the schematics logic of the sensor (Why is there 2 ouputs: "MREF" and "M1P_FILT", why are 2 op-amps used)

Could you please give me more details ?

NCatt1_0-1708425421292.png

Then, is there some basic examples of how to read the sensor ? ADC input configuration, sensor configuration, reading...

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @NCatt.1 ,

The circuit of that amplifier is used to centre the signal around Vdd/2, to exploit the full dynamics of the microphone up to the AOP (acoustical overload point). The MREF_DIV is in fact obtained by halving Vdd of the Mic with a divider, and through the buffer configuration the output MREF follows the input signal. The M1P_FILT signal, on the other hand, is precisely that of the microphone, which passes through an amplifier in a non-inverting configuration, with amplification factor 1 + R6/R7 = 2.34. This amplification factor is to take advantage of the microcontroller's 3.3V. The micro's ADC then acquires on IN1 the reference Vdd/2 and on IN2 the amplified signal centred around Vdd/2.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @NCatt.1 ,

The circuit of that amplifier is used to centre the signal around Vdd/2, to exploit the full dynamics of the microphone up to the AOP (acoustical overload point). The MREF_DIV is in fact obtained by halving Vdd of the Mic with a divider, and through the buffer configuration the output MREF follows the input signal. The M1P_FILT signal, on the other hand, is precisely that of the microphone, which passes through an amplifier in a non-inverting configuration, with amplification factor 1 + R6/R7 = 2.34. This amplification factor is to take advantage of the microcontroller's 3.3V. The micro's ADC then acquires on IN1 the reference Vdd/2 and on IN2 the amplified signal centred around Vdd/2.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.