cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I3g4250d temperature data invalid for 1 second (STM32F411VE-Disco)

AWool.1
Associate

I am writing a driver to retrieve data from the I3G4250D gyroscope embedded in the STM32F411VE discovery board (MB1115D). When the sensor starts up, the first 1 second of data contains an invalid temperature value (typically showing -7). After one second this value changes and is accurate from then on.

I noticed from the datasheet that there is a 1 Hz refresh rate for the temperature, which makes sense given what I'm seeing. I'm wondering if there's a way I can retrieve valid temperature data earlier than 1 second, i.e. if I can delay when this refresh rate begins. This temperature data is critical for our calibration calculations, so having bad data is messing up our algorithms.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TSand.1
Associate III

Hi @AWool.1​ , you are right, the I3G4250D temperature sensor refresh rate is 1Hz, so you have to wait at least 1 second to get a correct readout of the temperature data. Unfortunately I don't believe there is a way to overcome this limitation, maybe you can try to read at least 1 second after the power up.

/tim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TSand.1
Associate III

Hi @AWool.1​ , you are right, the I3G4250D temperature sensor refresh rate is 1Hz, so you have to wait at least 1 second to get a correct readout of the temperature data. Unfortunately I don't believe there is a way to overcome this limitation, maybe you can try to read at least 1 second after the power up.

/tim