cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I tried to install the GUI en.STSW-IMG004 to run my EvalBoard with VL53L1x. But the insatllation end with Error Massage 1721.

DPalm.1
Associate

Hello everybody,

I tried to install the GUI en.STSW-IMG004 to run my EvalBoard with VL53L1x. But the insatllation end with Error Massage 1721 (see attached). I ried it also on a second Hardware with the same result. What did I make wrong? Regards Daniel

4 REPLIES 4
Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

​Hi, You may need to run the installer (executable file) as administrator.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
DPalm.1
Associate

Thanks for the fast answer. I run the SW as administrator on both devices.

Does the SW works on every Windows System? I try it with Windows 10 (64 bit).

Regards

Hi @DPalm.1​ ,

I'm afraid that STSW-IMG004 is so far a NRND product...

VL53L1X st.com Tools&Softwares page shows a lot of possible GUIs for the device interface.

For example, you can use the STSW-IMG008 pack which looks as the evolution of STSW-IMG004.

-Eleon

Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

​You are absolutely right  Eleon. The STSW-IMG004 is the GUI for VL6180X device. If you want to evaluate the VL53L1X device you need to install the STSW-IMG008. And you have to install with the Administrator right. Anyway I don't understand why you couldn't install the STSM-IMG004 on your computer ?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.