cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just ordered a SensorTile.box. How do I track periodic movement (displacement) using the sensors on board?

RGole.1
Associate

I want to understand how I could convert the sensor data on the box into real-time position tracking. The tracking is periodic linear movement in the y-direction going from a range max of 15/16 feet and back to 0. Are there any good resources or git-hub repos I can tap into?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @RGole.1​ ,

I do not know about online resources for your application, probably because what you aim for is very difficult to do, due to the limitation of the technology, but I can give you a hint.

first of all, you want to know the movement of the board and the sensor gives you the acceleration, so you should integrate twice the values you have.

the problem lies in the noise, that is unavoidable, and can make the signal deviate from the ideal situation.

so, you can't aim for high accuracy with this application.

Hope this helps =)

Niccolò

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @RGole.1​ ,

I do not know about online resources for your application, probably because what you aim for is very difficult to do, due to the limitation of the technology, but I can give you a hint.

first of all, you want to know the movement of the board and the sensor gives you the acceleration, so you should integrate twice the values you have.

the problem lies in the noise, that is unavoidable, and can make the signal deviate from the ideal situation.

so, you can't aim for high accuracy with this application.

Hope this helps =)

Niccolò