cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using Sensortile.Box. I would like to know more about BlueVoice and Implementing in the product as a functionality

Snara.21
Senior

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Snara.2​ ,

I'm afraid that the BlueVoice library is not (officially) supported by the STEVAL-STWINKT1B.

Especially if the business behind is not negligible, you might try opening a ticket in the OLS page, asking for a custom firmware package.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Snara.2​ ,

please consider this caption from the UM2439 user manual, p. 3:

voice over Bluetooth low energy using the BlueVoiceADPCM algorithm (feature not available on NUCLEO-F446RE, NUCLEO-L476RG and STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1)

So, the Sensortile.box cannot support the BlueVoice feature.

However, if you want to know more about this feature, I suggest you to have a look to the UM2196 User manual "Getting started with the FP-AUD-BVLINK1 STM32 ODE function pack", in particular from p.11. Also this presentation might help.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

Snara.21
Senior

Thanks @Eleon BORLINI​  for clarification and your documents

Snara.21
Senior

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​  Whether we shall able to create BlueVoice from Sensotile . Dev Kit. Is it possible to tell us why the bluevocie is not supported in tile.box. If I need to implement how should I do ?

Hi @Snara.2​ .

The reason is explained in the UM2439 user manual, p. 18:

The BlueVoiceADPCM library implements a vendor-specific profile enabling voice communication with Bluetooth low energy (feature available for STEVAL-STLKT01V1 and STEVAL-BCNKT01V1).

-Eleon

Snara.21
Senior

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ I developed my product using STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 which comprises of AI + BLE and other stuff. I'm unable to change the controller b'cos we took Qeexo (authorised ST partner - support for AI). Please guide me how to implement algorithm ..

In addition please let me know how shall I test in STEVAL-STLKV01 - Functional packs, documents and user manual , sample codes.

I have X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 board for development . If you shall provide information for testing in this platform it would help me a lot

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Snara.2​ ,

if you need the source code of the application build with Qeexo, you have to ask them for it, but I believe this is a paid option.

STEVAL-STLKV01 is not supported by Qeexo, I'm afraid (here the supported hardware).

However you can find the documentation for this tool on the st.com page --> here

Do you want to connect the X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 with the STEVAL-STLKV01?

-Eleon

Snara.21
Senior

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​  Whether STEVAL-STWINKT1 supports BlueVoice, Is there is any comaprision between STEVAL - MKSBOX1V1 Vs STEVAL-STWINKT10693W00000GX97aQAD.png

Hi @Snara.2​ ,

I'm afraid that the BlueVoice library is not (officially) supported by the STEVAL-STWINKT1B.

Especially if the business behind is not negligible, you might try opening a ticket in the OLS page, asking for a custom firmware package.

-Eleon