cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stream data through serial port

NAlwe.1
Associate

Hi, I have purchased an STEVAL-MKI109V3 and the STEVAL-MKI207V1 (ISM330DHCX)

I followed the instructions in section 4 in dm00331058-stevalmki109v3-professional-mems-tool-motherboard-for-mems-adapter-boards-stmicroelectronics.pdf to stream the data

If I type in the incorrect adaptor board in the hyperterminal (setdb105v1) I get the results in fig 1.

If I type in the correct one setdb207v1, I get what’s show in figure 2, which is no data being received

The 3 led (blue, orange and red) are all lit up

I am really struggling to get the accelerometer and gyroscope data, I would really appreciate your help in this matter

0693W00000DqPWNQA3.png0693W00000DqPWSQA3.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @NAlwe.1​ ,

note the command in the third lines *w2047: this means "write 47h in the register 20h".

This make sense for the LIS3DH, i.e. the STEVAL-MKI105V1, since the reg 20h is the CTRL_REG1 (see datasheet, p.35), and it enables the 3 axis and sets the ODR.

In the case of the ISM330DHCX (STEVAL-MKI207V1), on the contrary, you have to set the CTRL1_XL (10h) register for the accelerometer and the CTRL2_G (11h) register for the gyroscope (datasheet p. 49).

Try for example with:

*w1040 // Acc = 104 Hz (Normal mode)
*w1140 // Gyro = 104 Hz (Normal mode)

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @NAlwe.1​ ,

note the command in the third lines *w2047: this means "write 47h in the register 20h".

This make sense for the LIS3DH, i.e. the STEVAL-MKI105V1, since the reg 20h is the CTRL_REG1 (see datasheet, p.35), and it enables the 3 axis and sets the ODR.

In the case of the ISM330DHCX (STEVAL-MKI207V1), on the contrary, you have to set the CTRL1_XL (10h) register for the accelerometer and the CTRL2_G (11h) register for the gyroscope (datasheet p. 49).

Try for example with:

*w1040 // Acc = 104 Hz (Normal mode)
*w1140 // Gyro = 104 Hz (Normal mode)

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

NAlwe.1
Associate

Hi Eleon, thank u so much for your help, that worked perfectly and getting data out now.

Just would like to ask a quick question, it seems to convert from LSB to mg I multiply by 0.061 and that looks correct

but to convert from LSB to dps, when I multiply by 0.07, i don't get the correct dps values, any idea why?

Also any idea how to query the device measurement ranges for both the accelerometer and gyroscope

Thanks again for all your help