cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure and read data from Sensortile box through python script

DVerm
Associate II

I just started working with the Sensotile box (STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1). I managed to upload the datalogger binary to the module (from the FP-SNS-STBOX1 function pack) and configured the sensors to acquire data via Unicleo GUI.

Now I want to use a python script for the configuration of the sensors via USB cable instead of using Unicleo GUI.

1 - Can someone share if it's possible to acquire accelerometer data from the module in high-performance mode with high sensitivity?

2- Is it possible to acquire data at high performance over bluetooth?

3- Is there any existing function pack that supports the functionality with python-like  FP-SNS-DATALOG1 does it for STWIN?

Any information on this will be very helpful. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @DVerm​ ,

1- you can start from the DataLogExtended project from the FP-SNS-STBOX1 function pack, and change the configuration of the accelerometer with the IDE of your choice, or you can use the default fw of the SensorTile.box (in attachment) to program the board (and the accelerometer) via ST BLE Sensor App on your smartphone

2- yes, you can have high performance mode enabled with BLE communicaiton, but the highest possible odr accepted is 100Hz

3- no, there is no Function Pack like that

Let me know if this helps

Niccolò

Thales Vignoli
Associate II

Hi @niccolò

I upload your SensorTile.box_V347_BL and att my Sensor Tile.Box (blue) with this .bin my sensor box died. I can't see my device via BLE in app at now... How can i fix this problem now? 

On the other point, dont make sense i use app via ble to show data with graphcs analytics and my sensor is able to configurate 50 hz max. When i see the datasheet i would be selected 6666 hz...

So, its ok, i need to make my sensor turn on again. Can you help me, pls?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Thales Vignoli

Hi @Thales Vignoli ,

I start answering you here, but could you please start a new topic, so that other user that have your same issue can be helped as well?

how did you upload the binary file?
if you used STM32CubeProgrammer and selected the wrong start address, the board is not able to run the binary, maybe the problem is there.

regarding the BLE data plot, this is an application developed to show the basic functions of the sensors, and it was used a default characteristic length of 20 bytes, so accelerometer data can only be sent once every communication window. that is where the limit of 50Hz comes from. there is the possibility of using a custom characteristic to send the data via BLE, but you should write a custom firmware for the board, and a custom software for the receiver to be able to sustain a higher communication speed. the higher ODRs are mainly used for specific application, and data is usually not sent as a whole.

Niccolò

I upload the box with ST BLE Sensor and using the "SensorTile.box_V347_BL via "update firmware". When i did this, the update started load and when this finish, my box died, i cant connect with my device and any light is off.

Regarding to create a new topic, i will, its ok. When we finish this discuss i will create a new topic with content more specific. 

I will wait your help, thanks so much!

Best regards,

Thales Vignoli

ciao @Thales Vignoli,

thank you for your cooperation.

the problem is the one I thought of, you should not upload the _BL binary via app.
BL stands for Boot Loader: it is a portion of code that says to the micro where to start watching for the actual code. now you should use a programmer, or the DFU mode, and load the binary from address 0x08000000

Niccolò

Sorry, i'm with difficulty to understand this procces. Have you some video to guide me, please?

When you said: "..now you should use a programmer, or the DFU mode, and load the binary from address 0x08000000" i cant understand, sorry.

I only want to do my box works equal before again :/.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Thales Vignoli

Hi @Thales Vignoli ,

here is a presentation that goes through the steps you need to perform, let me know if you manage to fix it.

Niccolò