cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the SD card in the sensortile.box?

CTett.1
Associate II

Hi,

I wanted to replace the SD card of the sensortile.box with a faster one, but then I am not able to upload my application. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance and best regards, Carla

7 REPLIES 7
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi Carla @CTett.1​ ​ ,

there should not be any problem with faster sd cards

I don't think that the datalog speed depends on the sd card speed, so I don't recommend to change it.

anyway, if you want to use that one, try to format it before using it, maybe the firmware is not able to write the flow on the card.

please, check if there is a DefaultApp.json file in it.

Niccolò

Hi Niccolò @niccolo.ruffini​ ,

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately formatting the SD card before using it doesn't help. There is no DefaultApp.json file after setting the firmware. What else could be the problem?

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Carla

Hi Carla @CTett.1​ ,

let me try to ask you a few question to understand

1- are you able to read/write the sdcard without using the sensortile.box?

2- what class and size is the sdcard?

3- if you upload a new application I imagine that you get an error, but what if you connect to the board? is there the new application running, or the previous one?

Niccolò

1. Yes without sensortile.box read/write works.
  2. It is the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB.
  3. At the very beginning I just changed the SD card without uploading the firmware again, then I got an error when I tried to load an application. Then I uploaded the firmware and now I don't get an error, but after a few seconds the blue LED stops blinking (and if the board is connected to the laptop, also the red LED stops blinking) and it just keeps trying to upload until you close the app (waited an hour before closing it). If I connect the board right after uploading the firmware I get the application where I have "Enviromental" with temperature, humidity, etc. and "Plot Data", "Cloud Logging", "Rssi&Battery" and "Textual Feature Monitor". I am also able to upload applications that stream to Bluetooth and not SD.
  • When I have the SD card in the sensortile.box and connect the box with to my laptop with the USB cable I can copy paste the DefaultApp.json from the usual SD card to it. And it also collects not all data, for example it should collect IMU accelerometer data and RTC(Time) I get the accelerometer data but not the time.

Thank you a lot for your help,

Carla

Ciao Carla @CTett.1​ ,

there's something strange in the flow,

but first, can you post the defaultApp.json file that you are using, so I can confirm the right behaviour for the flow you are uploading?

Niccolò

Yes sure, You can find it in the attachment, I just converted it to .txt that I am able to upload it. But I actually tried it again with copy paste from the normal SD card and using it like that, but know the new SD card is empty after the recording.

Thank you very much for your help, Best Carla

niccolò
ST Employee

Hi Carla,

sorry for the delay in the answer, the json file is not what I'd expect, I fear that an sdcard of that type is not supported

can I ask you why do you think the problem in writing speed is due to the sdcard?

Niccolò